Threading is a proven age-old form of facial hair removal practiced in India, China and Middle East. The procedure uses a 100% cotton thread which is twisted and pulled along the skin surface of unwanted hair, lifting hair directly from the follicle.
Its an art which is used to remove hairs from eyebrows, upper lip,
chin and face. Since threading is a completely natural skin
removal process, it works on all skin types, whether you have normal skin,
sensitive skin, tanned or damaged skin.
The history of threading is not clear, some claim that it began in Turkey and the others say it is from India, spread to the Middle and Far East. Now it is becoming popular in Western countries such as USA, Spain, UK, Brazil and Canada. In Arabic language it is called khite.
In Arab countries, both men and women use this method, although the men usually just do their eyebrows with thread.
It is also popular in Persian(Iranian) culture where it is called Bande Abru (“Abru” means eyebrow and “Band” is the thread). Threading the entire face is widely spread among Iranians, but it was originally practiced when a woman was getting married or during special occasions.
In ancient Persia, threading was a sign that a girl had reached adulthood and become a woman. But nowadays all the women and girls like to do that. Threading is one of the essential in their skin care and beauty.
- Threading is 100% Natural.
- It is more precise which results in better shape of your eyebrows.
- You will have best shape of your eyebrows.
- Its less painfull and less expensive compare to waxing.
- In comparision with other types of chemical depilation, in this method there is nothing to harm the skin.
- Its suggested by many dermotologists, because it is not aggressive for skin.
- Threading is a massaging method that does not let skin to be wrinkeled.
- As the top layers of skin are not peeled or traumatized, its an excellent method for persons with sensitive skin.
- The thick hair will change to very fine and narrow one.
- For summer days, when sun burnned skin is very sensitive to chemical products, threaading is the solution.
- Hair will grow later compared with other methods.
- The result after 2-3 session is unbeleivable!.
Plucking the hair is at the follicle level and unlike tweezing where a single hair is pulled out each time, threading can remove an entire row of hair, resulting in a straighter line and the service is very rapid.